Advance Charity Domestic Abuse Risk Assessment and Safety Planning
Date & Time:
Please note Advance offer 3 sessions on behalf of Brent Safeguarding multi-agency partnership.
1. Domestic Abuse Awareness
2. Risk Assessment & Safety planning
3. MARAC Training
This session is 2/3 Please complete all 3 at your own convenience.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
This course aims to enhance participants understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse and its effects on survivors. The course also explores how to encourage and respond to disclosures of abuse and how to assess and identify risk.
Moreover, it will give to each participant the confidence about making a MARAC referral and a better understanding of how important MARAC procedure is.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone who works (paid or voluntary) with children, young people or families in Brent. It will be of particular interest to teachers, youth workers, health and social care workers, police, magistrates, faith leaders, community activists and other support workers.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Explore the definition of domestic abuse
- Identify tactics used by perpetrators of domestic abuse
- Explore the dynamics of power & control in abusive relationships
- Explore the impacts on children and young people
- Explore the complexities of staying/leaving an abusive relationship
- How to encourage and respond to disclosures of abuse
- How to assess and identify risk
- How to complete a DASH/RIC
- Safety planning tips
- Know what a MARAC is
- Know who can be referred to MARAC
- Have an understanding of the risks facing Victim/Survivor’s and their children
- Identify key risks that justify a referral to MARAC on a Risk Assessment or through Professional Judgement
- Have an understanding of the MARAC Process
- Use Best Practice to make a referral to MARAC and who to send your referral to
- Know who attends the MARAC
- Understand Your Role in the MARAC process
- Know how to use Best Practice in Presenting /Providing information around a case
- How to update the MARAC Co-ordinator or your MARAC Rep of any completed actions given to your organisation