Reducing Parental Conflict Module 2 & 3
Date & Time:
Module 2: Identify and discuss parental conflict with parents.
Focusing on the causes of parental conflict, this Trauma Informed workshop equips practitioners with the skills to work with parents to identify and explore relationship conflict.
This skills-based session explores your role as a front-line practitioner when identifying parental conflict with parents and focusses on the importance of engaging with both parents.
You will explore the importance of early involvement, the key differences between destructive and constructive conflict and the impact this has on child outcomes. You will discuss co-parenting/couple relationships and explore why active listening and empathy are as important as asking the right questions.
This session is delivered together with module 3 and will be a full day training.
Module 3: Working with parents in conflict.
This skills-based workshop introduces a series of tools that can be used to work with parents, encouraging behaviour change and promoting positive communication.
It provides practitioners with an opportunity for structured practice and feedback in working with parents in conflict situations.
Building confidence and competence in this area, practitioners will be in a better position to:
- Identify where relationship stress exists
- Explore with parents the causes of their conflict
- Recognise how unconscious bias is a barrier to engaging with parents
- Support parents to develop ways of communicating that are more constructive, or refer where appropriate to specialist services
- Overcome their own fears when engaging with complex and challenging parents
- Incorporate difference and diversity by embedding Social Graces into current practice
Please note practitioners must have completed module 1 before attending module