Adolescent Mental Health
Date & Time:
The course will examine the prevalence and types of mental health issues affecting adolescents.
The aim will be to increase knowledge of the risk factors and potential traumas which contribute to emotional, behavioural and cognitive disorders in young people.
The course will explore:
- the impact of the COVID pandemic
- the role of gender and culture in the experiences and presentation of emotional distress
- identifying those who are at higher risk of serious mental distress
- identifying strategies to improve their emotional well being and safeguarding of young people.
- examine what local provisions and services are available to young people experiencing mental distress