Advance Joint Domestic Abuse + MARAC Training
Date & Time:
Please note Advance offer 3 sessions on behalf of Brent Safeguarding multi-agency partnership.
1. Domestic Abuse Awareness
2. Risk Assessment & Safety planning
3. MARAC Training
This session is 1/3 Please complete all 3 at your own convenience.
Please email: email@example.com for more information
This course aims to enhance participants understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse and its effects on survivors. The course also explores how to encourage and respond to disclosures of abuse and how to assess and identify risk.
Moreover, it will give to each participant the confidence about making a MARAC referral and a better understanding of how important MARAC procedure is.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone who works (paid or voluntary) with children, young people or families in Brent. It will be of particular interest to teachers, youth workers, health and social care workers, police, magistrates, faith leaders, community activists and other support workers.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- To create understanding of domestic abuse and the barriers survivors may experience
- To understand the dynamics of domestic abuse
- To ensure participants feel confident in supporting survivors of domestic abuse.
- To ensure participants feel confident in signposting survivors
- To ensure understanding of MARAC process